Monday, April 27, 2009

20 Random Thoughts on a Monday

Almost everyone I know did this on facebook, but I have wanted to amend mine for some time now, so here goes....
1. Just when things get hopelessly bad and I am about to give up, things get better. After no luck finding a job for 3 months, I was offered two this month.
2. My idea of a vacation is a quiet hotel, large pool, and no kids.
3. My husband should offer a class to all those dad's who refer to spending time with their children as "babysitting." Nothing irritates me more when I hear my friends make that comment.
4. I don't ask permission to do what I want. I am a grown woman, and I usually make decisions that are reasonably intelligent now.
5. I have ever only stayed at a job long enough to acheive my goals. When goals have been achieved, boredom sets in, and it is time to move on.
6. I recently realized what my career should be and how little I will get paid for it. But, it is an honest to goodness career and is a stable, long term career. Now, I need an open position!
7. I might be nice to your face, but if you are a backstabbing, social climbing, phony person, I know you are and I am just being polite.
8. I love Tom Petty. His music makes a bad day so much better. He was the best part of the Superbowl two years ago. The only part I watched.
9. I like watching The Smurfs and The Flintstones with my kids. It reminds me of being little and spending time with my grandma.
10. I am grateful to have such wonderful, supportive friends. Especially the ones who know how crazy I used to be, and still want to hang out with me now!
11. I hate following stupid rules. Things like...no shorts in high school, no sandals at work, no personal email access at work...
12. I like to run. I like to run more when I am running with Tracy or Kelly, but I can do it alone, as long as my IPOD is charged.
13. I like the fact that I can have a conversation with other women without centering it around my kids. My kids are a cherished part of my life, but not my life in its entirety.
14. I wish I had a better relationship with my mom. I've always wished we could run Saturday errands together, talk about life in general, or just be able to hang out.
15. When my son reaches a developmental milestone, I literally cry with joy.
16. I love the fact that my daughter is naturally athletic like me. I am waiting for her killer instinct and hatred of losing at games to awaken.
17. I will never be happy with the way I look. I try, I really try. I am my own worst critic.
18. I am a terrible saver. If I had saved 20% of my salary over the last 11 years, I would be in a much better position financially!
19. If I were on death row, my last meal would be chicken fried steak with cream gravy, french fries, and chocolate cake.
20. If I could add 4 extra hours to every day, I would spend 2 with my family, 1 catching up with my friends, and 1 by myself.

2 comments: