Sunday, October 24, 2010

McPumpkin Run

So, instead of getting all dressed up and eating and drinking for free all the while hobnobbing with the Weslaco "elite" (insert sarcasm here), my two best Valley friends and I ran a 7500 meter race. It was very challenging and my guts were not being cooperative, but I finished. I kept thinking of my sister and how she was always faster than me but I would never quit running and would run as fast as I could at the end of our runs to finish first. Funny how she is with me one way or another everyday.

Well, my gazelle-like friend Kelly darted off the start line and finished first in her age group and was the 2nd woman to finish overall. I was super proud of her. My friend Tracy, in true Tracy fashion. never left my slow-ass side and really pushed me along, and I was grateful she did, as she always makes it more fun. We finished off the night with some sushi and an early bedtime. I love my girls!
V


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment